The overall objective of the UZ Research Week is to provide a forum for communicating and showcasing research and innovations by UZ academics and researchers, including staff and students in collaboration with their diverse partners with a view to promoting the uptake of research outputs and to attract partnerships with industry, commerce, and the civic society.
The specific objectives of the UZ Research Week are to:
- Enable staff and students to share, learn and celebrate the quality and achievements of research conducted across all Faculties and Institutes of the University of Zimbabwe;
- Bring together and allow UZ’s current and potential collaborating partners in government, private sector, regional and international development, and civic society to showcase their scope of work and identify areas for partnership;
- Allow the general Zimbabwean public to interact with the UZ’s research processes and outputs and identify projects that have the potential to positively impact their livelihoods and endeavors;
- Open opportunities for research collaboration and funding; and
- Motivate academics and researchers by recognizing their research efforts, innovations, and output through research awards.
Dates and venue for UZ Research Week 2021
23 – 27 August 2021 Virtually – Program: UZ Research Week 2021 program