Harare – FBC Holdings Limited, a home-grown Financial Services institution has pledged their support for the warriors by promising to reward each player and coaching staff a fully completed house under their Fontaine Ridge Housing Project if they win the 2022 AFCON Tournament, Warriors will also get match-winning bonuses amounting USD$1 000 for every match won.
Monday’s stellar performance against Senegal impressed FBC Holdings Limited so much they put forward a special package in line with their corporate social responsibility thrust that aims to give back to the communities they serve.
The theme for this initiative is, ‘Bring the AFCON Cup Home and Get a House Courtesy of FBC Holdings Limited,’ and the Financial Services Institution Group Chief Executive, Dr. John Mushayavanhu also explained why they chose houses,
‘We decided to offer houses to reward the warriors since such fixed assets will be a landmark that the team players and the nation will always associate with our National Team’s AFCON victory for years to come. The houses are also a legacy that the players will leave for future generations.
The Minister of Youth, Sports, Arts, and Recreation, Kirsty Coventry welcomed the gesture by FBC Holdings and opened the doors for them to be part of the Zim Warriors family,
‘I would like to thank the FBC family, in sports once a gesture like this is given you are a part of the family and we welcome you. I am sure the team will be extremely excited today to hear of this gesture.
She also gave an update from the Warriors camp in Cameroon saying,
‘I am getting responses from the team that’s there that the players are in good form and very positive.’
About the Houses to be Rewarded
The houses are located along the strategic Harare to Bulawayo Road with easy access to the Central Business District. The key features of the housing units that will be rewarded to the Warriors if they win the tournament are:
- Surfaced roads.
- Electrical reticulation
- Wi-Fi ready
- Water and sewer reticulation
- The units are trendy, compact with modern designs and will be availed ready for occupation. All the winners need to do is bring their furniture, curtains and appliances!
- 3 bedrooms
- Fitted kitchens and modern BICS
- Fully tiled and painted
- Each unit has a 5,000-litre water tank and a booster pump
- Solar geysers will be fitted on each unit.
- Fruit trees have also been planted on each unit.
- The houses have been expertly developed in a very contemporary manner, taking into consideration environmentally friendly global trends in housing development.
- We will even name the street on which the warriors will be allocated houses “the Warriors Street”.
Match Winning Bonuses per delegate
FBC Holdings will give away US$1 000 to each member of the Warriors delegation for each game won by Zimbabwe at the 2022 AFCON tournament. They will earn their first pay-out today if they win against Malawi.